Click below for set up instructions and answers to FAQs!
Setting up your backdrop & backdrop stand
Your Backdrop will be folded and inside of its carrying case. BE CAREFUL OPENING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME! The high quality spring steel may open the Backdrop with a bit more force than you are anticipating. It’s completely normal and a sign of quality.
When you set up your Backdrop for the first time, make sure there adequate lighting in front of you. This well help improve the green screen functionality of your Backdrop.
Here's method 1: the most important part of the instructions here is to change your wrist position after you make the "taco shell"!
Here's method 2:
No tools are necessary to assemble the stand. Simply follow the below instructions - the whole process should take about 2 minutes.
1) If you purchased one of our Backdrop stands, then when you open up your package, you'll have received 3 items. Your Backdrop, Backdrop stand, and a clip for the top of the stand.
2) Screw the stand clip to the top of the stand by rotating the black knob clockwise
3) That's it! Your stand is now assembled and ready to connect to your Backdrop. To open the stand, simply pull the legs outward, and extend the height of the stand by rotating the black knobs counterclockwise.
You'll connect your Backdrop to the stand by pulling the clip backwards. See the video below for how to pull the clip backwards.
We recommend connecting your Backdrop stand clip to the Backdrop frame, not the hang tab at the top of the Backdrop. See video below.
The stand is absolutely NOT necessary to use the Backdrop. But without a stand, you'll need to ensure that your Backdrop is propped up vertically on a wall or surface behind you.
There is also a hanging tab at the top of the Backdrop that can be used to hang the Backdrop from a hook.
Wrinkles are totally normal and should not effect the quality of your Backdrop green screen.
Using an Iron:
1) Open the Backdrop
2) Heat iron to medium heat/ Nylon setting.
3) Test the iron on the bottom edge of the Backdrop to ensure the temperature is safe for the fabric.
4) Lightly iron the colored portion of the Backdrop on a flat surface
Using a Steamer:
1) Open the Backdrop.
2) Heat steamer to medium-high heat.
3) Steam out wrinkles, ensuring you are not touching the fabric.
Often times, the default camera field of view is set very high or the resolution on the camera hasn’t been adjusted. These are reasons why the corners may show. To ensure perfect coverage with the Backdrop, your camera may need to be adjusted to accommodate the unit. Start off by making sure that your camera is eye level with you. Next, you’ll want to zoom the camera in from the default position to where it is not showing the corners.
How to Zoom in if you are using Zoom:
Please follow the guide here.
How to zoom in camera on Windows:
Windows, by default, doesn’t allow you to zoom in your camera with their built in Camera app. You’ll want to install your webcam’s software, which will allow you to zoom in. As well, most software available will allow for camera adjustment, including the zoom feature.
How to zoom in camera on Mac:
Like Windows, adjusting the Mac camera is difficult. By default, there are no settings for adjusting the camera’s zoom. However, you can use a program called iGlasses. This program allows you to have full control of your Mac camera to adjust correctly.Compatibility Note: iGlasses is not compatible with FaceTime or Photo Booth in Apple’s macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
Alternatively, you can apply Image Masks (aka Crop) to your camera to eliminate the corners, while also keeping the resolution you have.
The Backdrop shouldn’t need any extensive cleaning. However, if it gets soiled, use a damp cloth and wipe the Backdrop in that area until clean. Let it sit open and dry before using again.
Visit our Software FAQ page here! On that page, we outline how to create virtual backgrounds with the software that you're using.
1) You can return an item up to 30 days after you purchased it.
2) Products must be in new and unused condition.
3) Products with a Custom Logo are not returnable.
4) You will receive a full product refund, not including shipping. Refunds will be applied to the card or PayPal account you used to make the original purchase. Refunds will be issued within 10 business days of receipt of the product.
5) Any shipping problems—for example, missing or incorrect items—must be reported within 72 hours of receiving your package. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) RemoteOffice does not pay for return shipping
7) All return products should be shipped to:
1260 Vintage Ave.
Ontario, CA 91761
To return an item, please email email@example.com and we'll get the process started for you!
Upgrading your home office?
Enhance your green screen's capabilities with our best selling Ring Light - 25% OFF and FREE shipping for a limited time!
We're here to help!
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Thanks so much!